Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Undergraduate Corner: What have you learned?

At the end of each semester, I ask my students to write me one page of text describing the three most important things they've learned in my class. The things the learned can be about physics, math, engineering, science in general, life in general, etc.

I think it's important for them (and all of us) to reflect on what they've learned, instead of just rushing off to Summer Break to crash on Mom & Dad's couch.

(This question also benefits me, since I make copies of their answers to go in my yearly evaluation & tenure portfolio! I find they provide a nice complement to the course evaluations.)

So... what are the three most important things you've learned this semester?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are solely my own and do not reflect the views of any present or past employers, funding agencies, colleagues, organizations, family members, churches, insurance companies, or lawyers I have currently or in the past have had some affiliation with.

I make no money from this blog. Any book or product endorsements will be based solely on my enthusiasm for the product. If I am reviewing a copy of a book and I have received a complimentary copy from the publisher I will state that in the review.